10 things in 10 minutes.

Friends let's see if I can do the impossible and write a blog post in about 10 minutes. 

Let's do a list of 10, that should make it easier! 

1.) The last blog post I wrote was a doozy, I know. However, I saw that it has been read almost 300 times.  Yet not a single question has been asked about foster care. (hmmmmm) I'm going to assume you all either know all there is to know, I made you angry or frustrated, you don't want to know the answers to your questions, or you're still reflecting on it.  (lol)  All that to say, if you have a question about foster care either leave me a comment or send me an email! 

2.) Yesterday found me driving more than I cared for so I turned it into a happy time and listened to Jamie Ivey's Happy Hour podcast with special guest Candace Payne (Chewbacca mom) and THEN turned on Jen Hatmaker's Podcast, For the Love, and she was on there too!  Both podcasts were such a breath of fresh air for me!  I am so inspired by Candace and would love to read her new book! We watched the Chewbacca video again last night and could not stop laughing! Even Brett was shaking with laughter. 

3.) We had a second chimney fire (we're fine! house is fine!) and are looking at redoing our whole fireplace before next fall/winter.  Luckily we still have our wood-burning stove that I am finding myself next to every. single. night.  I need spring to arrive so I can work in the garden and move a bit more! 

4.) What books are you reading?  My favorite genre is memoir.  Last year I read a ton and this year my brain just can't get interested in anything.  Help! I need your ideas! :) 

5.) I am sitting at my new-to-me green desk with my bulletin board of happy above. (see my Instagram, I'm "therosylifeblog")  It is making me ridiculously happy. 

6.) I just cannot drink smoothies this time of year.  Cannot.  How do people do it?  Last week I shared some healthy peeps on IG I follow for inspiration. 
Who do you have to add to my list? 

7.) I am brimming with ideas for painting, decorating, gardening, basically #allthethings, but running a bit low on energy at the end of the day to do most of them.  Wondering if I should let something go during the day to add a bit more creative time in?  Or let this season be what it is? I'm always, always taking photos though. Always. I've been saving some in a folder on my laptop for an idea I have. 

8.) We visited our local greenhouse this week.  It was warm and sunny and full of beautiful, growing things.  It made me want to dance. 

9.) This is US gave me puffy eyes.  Twice. Both Sunday night and Tuesday. I can't even. 

10.) I love Jesus.  He's been speaking to me through podcasts, the bible, quotes, and any way He can lately.  Even through (or especially through) the sunshine and light. 

Tell me somethin' good! :) 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sara :)
    Here are my own 10: I am reading lots of biographies this year. So far I've read Melissa Gilbert's and a book about a girl who went to LA to be a nanny to the stars (great book). Are you on Goodread's? We could follow one another to get book suggestions. #2 - I'm currently not blogging much. I got really burned out on the whole game of it all. I miss the old-school way of blogging just about daily life. #3 - I am in the process of self-publishing my first book and it's hard! #4 - I've decided God made February so we would appreciate Spring when it gets here. (I NEED sunshine!) #5 - My "baby" is about to be 19!! #6 - Moving from the farmhouse into the city has left me with a slight identity crisis, as far as style goes. Then I watched one of Patty's Youtube videos and realized I could still be a cottage girl, even in the city :) #7 - Having two grandbabies, 16 months apart, is hard! When they come over, they basically run us ragged! I consider my daughter-in-love to be superwoman. #8 - I really want to see The Greatest Showman, but too lazy to go sit in a theater for 2 hours. #9 - This is Us = heart wrenching tears! #10 - I'm watching the Bachelor Winter Games instead of the real Olympics. Not sure what that says about me, but oh well.

    Come see me on IG sometime :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading your 1-10! :) :) I will have to check out the books you recommended seeing as I am still not on a reading kick. Laughing at comedy and funny movies on t.v. keeps pulling me in instead. I LOVE that you are self-publishing a book! A dream of mine as well. I don't know if you've ever used Blurb but I adore their books and publishing program.

      Thanks for stopping in and Happy Friday!

      Delete
    2. Sara, I am using Blurb to self-publish! I began using them for photo books after you posted that awesome, fat book of yours! So thanks for that!

      Delete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.